Augmenting with Piety (Was: Devotee v. initiate)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:39:27 -0500

>From: "Jeff" <jakyer_at_...>

>Yeah, well... =)
>
>But inside my head you DID have an improv penalty but, frankly, it
>wasn't a big thing - I don't quibble over the small stuff.

Well, if it was only -5 or so, the augment would have been the same. Like you say, probably not worth calculating. The point is that it had a use, however impaired.

> > The difference between Initiate and Devotee is just color, like the
> > difference between Liked by Mel, and Good Friend of Mel. Which is
>not to say
>
>Friend of Mel and Husband of Mel - those ARE different relationships
>though.

Absolutely. Some abilities are closer than others, no doubt, and easier to make distinct. To the extent that two similar abilites do exist together, it can be a challenge to make them play differently. Improv mods are the key here. As you point out well, above. If, say, two players had been working on the temple, each with separate contests, one using their Temple relationship as base, and the other their diety relationship, it becomes particularly important to put a mod on the diety relationship so that one can see how it differs from the temple relationship.

Mike

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee� Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963