RE: Re: City gods

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:04:30 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>Remind me, why, from the charcter's view-point, is he wandering off to
>Sartar?

It's hypothetical. Use any reason you like. The question, again is not whether there could be a reason, we assume there is one. The question is can the character be made relevant.

>IF he's got a good reason for the wandering off, then how about this?
>
>There are gadgets that act as mobile temples: the Wooden Sword being
>the most famous.
>
>How about he gets a magical gadget that's a mobile embassy? While he's
>within its range, he's technically on Pavis land.
>
>I'm sure I don't need to point out that this thing can be stolen, do I?
>Or that it could be large and awkward, or that it could be sentient (and
>awkward in a different way)? Make it the guardian of a little hero-band?
>
>Reason for giving it to him? He *is* an ambassador. After all, how many
>Devotees of Pavis do you think there are? If the cult wants to send an
>ambassador anywhere, who gets sent?

Cool. This is, again, an argument to allow him to use Pavis magic outside of Pavis. Is this method outside canon, too (has Peter already shot it down)? can you provide any that are within canon?

If not, can you come up with a way to make the character interesting that wouldn't involve him being able to use his abilities?

Or, would you agree that the character in question would not be playable sans magic?

Mike

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/