Re: Re: converting; cliffs; magic

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:14:28 -0400

> I'm not looking for relative threats. I see a skill of 75% and I conclude
> that he's an experienced fighter. Should a 17, a 1w, or 5w make me think
> that?

It depends on the level of your campaign. Even in a RQ game, one has to admit that running into a fellow with a 75% Hack Into Ministrone skill is impressive if you are a starting character. When you are Lord God-Wannabe RuneThing, a 75% skill'd templar is just a mook (hi Robin).

If you look at the ability and difficulty chart, you can see the sort of level of skill possessed by various kinds of people. And you should generate your threats accordingly. And if you feel the need to directly convert, just use their their station in life and whether they are supposed to be a threat TO YOUR GROUP. What Roderick is harping on is that the threat level is specific to the group you are running. A lion is a terrible threat to the stickpickers and ducks squabbling over pennies but to Harreck and his Boyz, its floor wax.

Jeff Kyer