Re: PC with no magic

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:41:39 -0000

We did it. The players did have to rely on some external magic (items and the like) - feats they'd learned on their own and things like that were there - but much of the cult magics they had come to rely on were not.

Initiates were in deep, similar, trouble as well. But then, I don't allow the same sort of leeway that some folks seem to let their initiates have... =)

The players were thrown back on that one thing they have - their brains. It was neat to watch folks make do and improvise. Relationships and inspiriation from them became incredibly important (I'm doing this to save my family!). The players really sat up and worked with the problem - they had gottena bit complacent about their magic so the sudden Test of Faith the Fimbulwinter caused really did shake up some conceptions. With one exception, everyone was very happy with the sudden change in plans, viewing it as a roleplaying  and thinking challenge. One did not, but he always had a tendency to complain if things did not go his way...

Oh! And a few folks un-concnetrated themselves and re-used their childhood talents and charms. Most of those did work.

Dunno if this helps, but its what we did.

Jeff