Re: City Gods

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:47:07 -0700 (PDT)

While I generally agree that Pavis worshippers cannot use Pavis cult magic outside of Pavis county, if your Glorantha varies, here are some avenues that might be worth pursuing:

Pavis fought Waha and won. I don't think there is a specific place mentioned, so a narrator could say if happened outside Pavis county. If so, then perhaps there is a heroquest that allows Pavis combat magic to work outside of Pavis county.

Pavis has connections to magic outside Pavis county. In Cults of Prax, he has lots of elemental buddies. A wise worshipper will find ways to draw on these connections.

Pavis came from outside Pavis county and did things before there. For example, he got the Faceless Statue, so perhaps reenacting this event on the hero plane would have some effect if you can find where the Faceless Statue was back then.

Pavis's dwarvish subcult seems to have powers not related to the city. Perhaps they have goodies you can take with you. Likewise the Zebra tribe.

All this should be taken as YGMV-fodder. It really says that stuff that is somewhat marginal about Pavis might work elsewhere. I don't think, for example, that you could ordinarily cast City Peace (or whatever it was called) in downtown Glamour.

Chris Lemens

Do You Yahoo!?