Re: Re: City gods

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:26:47 -0500

>From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
>
>Just a semi-tangential observation about what City Gods (as such) can
>and can't do, magically: it might be worth asking the question, whether
>a given diety is wholly a city god in that sense, or might have some
>other mode of manifestation too (minor or otherwise).

Well, that's sorta dodging the question. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there was a cult of an aspect of Pavis that had abilities that could be used outside of Pavis. But then I don't think they'd have city magic, would they? That is, I don't think the question is whether or not the player can avoid the problem by being in another cult, I'm sure they can. The question at hand is whether or not the city god magic per se can be taken aborad (or whether having no magic makes the character non-player friendly).

But, yeah, it would be a simple YGMV move to create such a thing.

Mike

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/