Re: Re: City gods

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:09:25 +0100

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:29:08 +0100, Alex wrote:

>Just a semi-tangential observation about what City Gods (as such) can
>and can't do, magically: it might be worth asking the question, whether
>a given diety is wholly a city god in that sense, or might have some
>other mode of manifestation too (minor or otherwise).

And a semi-tangential question spins off that: How common are City Gods?

back in the RQ3 days we were used to the idea of a City God, Pavis being the one we knew well, but I think there was an assumption that most cities had them.

These days we have Wyters as well, and my assumption is that ever city will have a Wyter, but most are not treated as Gods. The only other city I can immediately think of with a strong divine association is Alkoth, and Shargrash isn't a City God as we understand them.