Re: Praxian magic

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:47:31 +0200

James Turner:

>To refill a fetish don't you need to go to the spirit plane find the
>relevant spirit and force it into the fetish?
>
>Also this whole change makes the Praxian nomads very magic poor compared to
>RQ.

Remember that theist magic doesn't come for free any more than the animist one. To have continued access to theist magic you have to sacrifice to your god(s). I assume that usually takes place outside game sessions, just as the shaman refilling fetishes is rarely detailed.

>All HW theist initiates have access to reusable magic.
>All HW nomad braves have a handful of one use fetishes (no wonder the
>Praxian invaders keep kicking nomad butt).

Or once/day fetishes or integrated spirits. I assume a khan has integrated a spirit or three, making him quite a force.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com