RE: Digest Number 1619

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:50:20 +0100

> It seems to have worked for Dorasar in Pavis, to close the
> circle. And unlike for city gods, the magic is not restricted
> to his country, but wherever his heirs were active.

True - so that's all heirs. Descendants. Blood-line stuff.

(considers) You know, if this was a normal clan bloodline, not a Royal one, we'd be calling it "common magic".

> There has also been specific mention of Sartar performing a
> Westfaring to aquire a wyter for his kingdom.

Another good point. And *just* a Westfaring, without the rest of the LBQ, which seems very odd to me (but investigation shold probably be on the Glorantha list)

> Jane Williams replying to RR:
> > That's *her* (non-existent) relatives, once it's been relit.
>
> non-existent my ass - how many (potential) heirs of Sartar
> (aka Argraths) were present at that ceremony?

Erm.... I can think of two off-hand. Fair enough, but let's at least get the pronoun right?

> As long as the Princes ruled, there was the Orlanthi notion
> of peace in the land (including the Elmali riots). At fairly
> minimum cost, too.

Good things, Princes.

> "For the good of the principality of Sartar, I resist your
> foul magic (and turn it into something wholesome?)"

Nice!

> Quite a lot of what Sartar did (as peacemaker, bringer of
> trade) could be provided by Issaries Herald, though.

Well, he *was* a Hero of Issaries.

> The
> building feats are different, but I suspect they were more a
> leadership magic than actual building magic.

Maybe. Looks like some genuine Building magic got in there somewhere.