Re: Re: Narrator freebie

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:37:16 -0700

> I agree in part, but I need my players to be able to fly for that
> scene. I think my use of the word "Initiate" is wrong. They are
> Orlanth Adventurous Devotees, so I intend to give them the Flight
> affinity and pick three feats within that. Its in play so cost =
> 3 Hp. I think its a dramatic way to get these powers and entirely
> in keeping with the narrative flavour of Glorantha.

It's your game etc, but *by the rules* (page 120: Subcults and Daimones) they should not get feats unless they switch their devotion to Vanganth.

Another way to get them up to the bat is to have someone else use magic on them to "lift" them to the Bat's back. This doesn't require them to learn the affinity or the feats, just have someone willing to cast magic on them. Vanganthi, anyone able to summon & control the wind, Helerites with "Walk on clouds" (It might be a bit of a jump down, though...), etc. Or Vanganthi can carry them using the "Fly carrying heavy weight" feat - the Vanganthi act as Armed Personnel carriers dropping assault troops on the back of the beast, then flying off to act as aggravating skirmish types.

RR
- Richelieu