RE: Re: Narrator freebie

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:14:18 +0100

> things that are
> essentially 'inherent' to the deity (like Windiness).

> Game-mechanically, one might use
> a more general magical ability, or relationship, or virtue,
> at this point, rather than, as Jane says,
> rolling-against-the-ability-you-don't-have-because-you're-questing-
> to-get-it.

Having thought about that a little harder, we might have "and at this point <subcult deity> realised that it was inherent in his nature as a son(?) of Orlanth to be able to <ability>" so he tried it for the first time and did."

So since we're talking about a feat that you can only learn because the sub-cult is part of your main religion, you can use your "initiate/devotee of", less mods for it being a different sub-cult, to attempt the ability. Mods not quite as bad if you're at least in the right aspect, I'd suggest. Mods probably not that bad at all if it's in an affinity you're already got (not that this applies to Flight, but it would to Combat).