Re: Narrator freebie

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:25:27 -0700 (PDT)

Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 08:58:14PM +0100, Jane Williams wrote:
> > Now, how does one fit this to the situation of "right, anyone
> > capable of learning a 'Fly <adverb>' feat, get over here. We
> > learn it this morning and attack the Bat this afternoon."
>
> Awkwardly. ;-) I think Mark has something of a point about the
> verisimilitude of doing this as a matter of political and
> military convenience, I must admit.

The logical solution to the original problem is that a bunch of wind daimons are commanded to carry the PCs where the commanding priest leads, or says to go (if he's too busy/chicken to go himself). The PCs are then hauled like sacks of grain to the Bat Back, do their wet work, and, if the priest survives, get carried back down. All the PCs need to learn is not to panic when carried. The "learn how to fly" bit is the NPC joking to the other Vanganthi while addressing the PCs (who he probably addresses as "all you Heroes", with equal sarcasm).

The PCs don't decide when or where to land, but they would probably have been commanded to "follow me" by someone, anyway, as even with a gift of multiple masteries they won't know air tactics, yet, anymore than someone with a new licence can do stunt flying right away.

> Can one form a band explicitly
> for the purpose, if one has a leader with multiple-masteries
> in the appropriate magic, say? (Hero Cult in the making?)

Only if the Narrator wants to go to the effort of following up with that, if the PCs decide that they like being the Orlanthi 82nd Airborne.

Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail