Re: Re: magic

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:42:58 +0200

Charles Corrigan 00-05-25 13.23

>According to the rules, for one any one task (or problem) and ability
>combination you may only roll once - blow it and you must either use
>a different ability or wait until your ability increases. See "No
>Repeated Attempts", p126

OK, that means everyone's equally screwed. :-)

What I mean is this: let's say you have a 17 affinity and you want to boost a combat ability before a fight. Sure, if you're feeling lucky you can try for a +4. But if you don't want to risk wasting your effort you'll settle for +2 or maybe even only +1. Of course, how efficient that is depends on how high your starting ability and the competing ability are.

      Jonas Schiott
      History of Ideas and Science
      Goteborg University

      http://www.hum.gu.se/~idejs