Re: Humakt's Secret

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:07:35 +1200

At 06:28 AM 9/12/04 +0000, you wrote:

>One last question, that I'm sure has been answered but I missed it.
>Humakt's subcults all give the same secret, Death. What about
>subcults that have a secret of their own? Say, Rigsdal, who normally
>gives the Never Sleep secret; do I give a player a choice of
>secrets? Or does the Humakti secret take "precedence"? (I hate that
>phraseology but you know what I mean.)

If he's an Orlanthi Humakti then I would make him take the Humakti secret. I note that Rigsdal is given in the Humakti keyword without any secret. Other regional variations of Humakt (such as the Carmanian Humakt or the Duck Hueymakt) might have many secrets and no core death secret.

>For a further twist, what about Fodronu Enchasol [from OiD]?
>He's "only" a subcult of Humakt; what about the special Death Aids
>Life secret? Do Humakti of his subcult have to take that one, do
>they get a choice, or what?

Either interpretation is possible.

--Peter Metcalfe

---