Re: Animists vs others, gameplay in general...

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:38:53 -0000

> Getting back to animist, lets say you bring in an animist NPC and
> defeat the player animist. If that animist was one of my players
he
> would simply turn around one action later and strike as many
opponents
> as he could reach... ie do a multiple target strike and bid 100%
AP.
> If he has been able to unleash 3x20pt spirits he is probably 2
> masteries up on the theists (assuming they might be one mastery up
on
> him normally), so he has 40 pts to play with. He could easily
attack 6
> people at once and still be a mastery up. NOw this is a
simplified
> view, and plenty of things cant prevent it, but it isnt out of
hand.

Remember that you get the increase to your ability level OR the extra APs, not both.(HQ pg.137)

> And what do all the theists do while the animist are nuking each
> other? They cant afford to make an attack because they will
certainly
> lose and are simply acting as AP batteries for the animist. They
could
> all circle around making 1AP bids to cause multiple attacker
> penalties, but the opposing animist has capacity to soak this up
(and
> will have followers also surely).

One tactic I've mentioned before is to use the Dispelling Magic rules on HQ page 100. That way you're only dealing with the magic ability itself rather than with the final increased ability, at least as I interpret the rules.

                                                  Mark Mohrfield