Re: ...gameplay in general...

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:22:44 -0000

> > ...If they end up with -100AP and survive by GM fiat
> > the game loses something for me.
>
> Well, it depends on the nature of the contest.

For clarity we have different kinds of contest in our games, not just combat.

I also make sure that I take a *statement of intent* from each player. Some players always aim to kill others capture or drive off or even doing enough to stop being attacked. No, I was refering to a contest where the obvious aim of the narrator controlled character *may* be seen as life threatening. For example the group were attacked by a group of broo, naked and, ahem, ready for action.

The heroes killed them all. One of the softer players said, I suppose its kill or be killed sometimes. 'Oh no,' I said, 'who said they wanted to kill you....'

but I do Mike and Simon accept what your saying, and I don't think our philosophies about the game are actually that different. Forget smacking things with swords, the best sessions I have run has been when the players have had a moral dilemma or been in the middle of King Broyans court politics in Whitewall!

Regards
Rob