Re: ...gameplay in general...

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:52:23 -0000

> I'd try to make the character death part of the campaign
mythology, so if the death wasn't significant then he wouldn't die just then. Depending on circumstances I'd make the quest to save him significant or I'd put him in someone's debt who saves his life. Each of these add to the game whereas a character's death would normally just subtract from it - removing all of those relationships and history is difficult for both the player and the game (and thus me!).

Hmmm... in our Seattle games, I think David and I are much more willing to just let characters get killed. My erudite half-mad berserk died a pretty pointless death last game, but hey, he who lives by the mace gets his soul frozen by darkness spirits.

Jeff