RE: Exploding Thundersones?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:05:32 +0100

> Exploding Thunderstones?
> Wow, is that in the rules?
> YGWV, but in my game the thuderstone is a stone that does big
> damage, and can return to the hurler's hand, but doesn't explode.
>
> -Greg Stafford

I was starting to wonder myself, but then there's so much of Glorantha that's new to me these days...

Ah, indexes (happy sigh)

Thunder Rebels p 240.

Looks like the Thunderstone can do all sorts of stuff ("great marvels and tricks"), but you need to know the Secret for it to return to your hand. No explicit mention of it exploding. No listed feats that come anywhere near it. Not that that stops anyone improvising one, of course, if you don't think its too far from what the god might do.

I've only looked in TR - any other sources have Thunderstones? Wasn't there one used in Sheepless Nights? Over to Glorantha.com...

"Thorngast has three small Thunderstones that he can put into his sling. When used (with a successful Hurl Thunderstone vs 14), they add +5 to his Sling or Throw Ability and have an additional +5 Edge. Then they make a loud crash and usually knock the victim over. Thunderstones like this are difficult to make and are destroyed after use -- even an unsuccessful one."

You know, that sounds to me like they explode on impact.