Re: Resisting surprise magic?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:50:36 -0000

Hi

I normally rule that best magical defense, and apply improv mods off of piety -3 for concentrated and -5 for not concentrated. I don't apply a difference because of status. and I also don't ask them to always come up with a reason *how* the defence works, unless its fun to do so!

Further the magical protection is always on but cannot be augmented by as many other abilities as they would if they were thinking about it.

I guess it depends on how you run magic, but in old RQ you resisted all magic unless you specifically allowed magic to affect you (like healing magic I guess)

YGMV of course

Regards
Rob Soon 2B Player not Narrator - Huzzah!