Cheap Secrets?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:16:06 +0100

Just want to check I've understood Secrets properly. As I understand it, (HQ p12), to start learning a cult's Secret, you have to have a minimum of 1W2 in each of the three Affinities. That seems nice and clear. Two masteries. Lots. This is not going to be common.

But, I've met and heard of several Vingans going around with Vengeance Blades. That's the Secret of the Vinga the Avenger subcult. (ST p177). The Vingans in question (one was a pre-gen PC in a convention game) didn't have anywhere near that level in their affinities.

Am I missing something? Is the Blade of Vengeance not a Secret as such? Is there some quick&easy way of learning a Secret that I'm missing?