Re: Cheap Secrets?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:16:58 -0700

> > Am I missing something? Is the Blade of Vengeance not a Secret as such?
> > Is there some quick&easy way of learning a Secret that I'm missing?
>
> Tenla gained her reprisal sword 'Vengeance' in her 100 words although she
could have bought the ability for 1HP in game. Alot cheaper than the 216HP to get the secret. Cheaper? oh yes!
> This was a +7 sword with a 14 ability of ambiguous nature that involved
reprisal and/or vengeance in some way.
> Not the big bang of the cult secret but her foes will not know that. ;-)
It'd like giving your Humakti "Death Glance 13" as a starting ability. It's
simply Pompous Magic, not the "Death" secret of Humakt (which can manifest
as a Glance). My "Death Glance" can't kill on any victory like the Humakt
secret does; I'd have to get a Complete Victory to actually kill someone with it.

Of course, it's not *nice* to use the name of a secret as an ability name... "Oh, yeah, I can kill with a glance" is not likely to make a person welcome anywhere (regression to childhood: "Maa! he's looking at me!").

RR
- Richelieu