Re: Cheap Secrets?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:40:33 -0000

Hi Jane

I think it is unreasonable to enforce the usual *secret rules* in this instance. Why? I don't think it works as a story vehicle. Who is going to take the red vows and hang around for the legnth of time it takes to get the affinities up? If you look at the power it is very powerful but only works against one person or very narrow group, otherwise it is useless. In fact to get the sword they lose their fertility.

I have a pc in my game who has taken the red vows and has a blade of vengeance. As she has a better sword she carries two swords now! She uses her sword Frostreaver in combat. Infact she is now known as Arya Twinblades. As the blad is a one shot deal I don't see the harm in *breaking* the rules in this way, if you are breaking the rules at all, which OI don't believe you are.

YGMV but thats how we handle it in our game.

Regards
Rob