RE: Animism: multiple traditions?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:18:03 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>Is it possible to be a member of more than one tradition, if they're
>compatible and friendly? Like you can be an initiate of more than
>one cult?

I think the key thing to keep in mind is that it's not mechanically prohibited. Generally, anyone can join whatever religions will have them. Whether or not that causes fallout in either of them is entirely a question of how compatible the religions are. So...

>I'm thinking in particular of the Darjiini SurEnslib tradition ILH
>p32) and Jakaleel's "from dark" tradition (HQ p141).

Funny you should mention that, I had a Darjiini practitioner, and another player had someone in the From Dark tradition. I was definitely contemplating whether or not my spirits would have been pissed off if I had joined up. I think that the influence of the Red Goddess would have helped in general, but it would really depend on which spirits, too. SurEnslib is about life, and lots of From Dark is about death. I wasn't running the game, but I would have appealed that as long as I didn't get into opposing spirits that I would have been all right.

Temporarily. Actually, one of the reasons that I was thinking of doing it, long term, would have been for the eventual conflicts that it would have broght up for the character. I think you can't escape some conflict in these cases. But from where I'm standing that's a good thing. :-)

Mike

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/