RE: You're in the army now

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:20:44 +0100

> You've never been in the military, have you?
>
> Militaries do a lot of things that don't:
> A. Make sense to civilians.
> B. Allow soldiers the rights of civilians.
>
> That is, in the name of standardization required to make an army an
> effective operating organization, armies are allowed to reduce the
> effectiveness of the individual at the cost of their freedoms
> with the
> notion that doing so makes the overall organization possible.
> There are
> people who are opposed to the principle, nowadays, but it's
> been a part of
> every army from time immemorial. If the Lunar army were any
> other way, I'd
> be very surprised.

Not to mention that most of them [with exceptions of course] will only be communal worshipers of there pantheon. So initiating to a cult will be a step up for most of them.

Andy

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and may be
privileged and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM