RE: Re: You're in the army now

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:16:15 +0100

> Cool idea and it is certainly possible. The players could have all
> belonged to a private vexilla that was rewarded with a land grant -
> or to some funky Lunar unit that accepted weirdos as long as they
> met the common requirement for the unit.

How about we're the *surviving* members of a private vexilla? The common requirement was "take this suicide mission and you get to retire early with oodles of cash". The other requirement was "be sucker enough to believe that".

> If it is a private vexilla, then your players just need to belong to
> the vexilla heroband.

Yes, we'd better invent that.

> They might find it impossible to keep in good
> graces with the gods of their homeland and may need to eventually
> leave their traditional cult - but that's what they get for trying
> to settle in Dragon Pass.

Yes, I'm expecting trouble *now*. I think I've set backstory up so that my Darjiini can get in touch with something close enough to do, the Humakti won't have any trouble (well, no more than to be fun), and the other two are in straight Lunar cults anyway. We can probably find other Lunars in Sartar :)

> If it is a weird Lunar regular unit, you need to figure out why they
> are all in that unit and what holds it together. Is it one of the
> Hunting Corps units?

Index... P13-14.. Oh, scouts. Not sure what a full-plate Carmanian Humakti would be doing in one of them?

> This probably means that everyone needs to
> worship (at least at a pantheon common worshipper level) Lunar gods -

I think we all do, we'd assumed that was a requirement. 7 moms common magic at least.