Re: Animism Again (Was:You're in the army now)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:24:27 -0700

> >Of course, it also says that Darjiini tend to move from one practice to
> >another more as less as they feel like it - there *is* no "core
> >practice" as such. I saw her as changing from whatever she was in before
> >to Black Snake simply along the lines of "hmm, better get some combat
> >magic".
>
> Hmmm. Interesting. Is that true? If so, then by the rule on P132, Darjiini

yes.

> can't be practitioners. Or, rather, if we assume that they can, since they

Specific rules override general ones. Darjinni move between practice *within the SurEnslib tradition*, treating their current practice as their "Core" one. If you're a farmer, then you'll be in the Shantamar or Urgarlodell or Yestendos practice. If you make a lot of money and become a merchant, you'll move to the Savasukan practice. If you get made a petty noble (for being a good merchant - happens all the time nowadays in Britain!) then you'll move on to the Agsargon practice. etc. But you stay within the SurEnslib tradition.

> have practices, this means that the exception means that they can join
other
> traditions as practitioners, since they will then only have one core
> practice, still.

No, they *won't* be leaving their religion to join another religion. Why should they?

> Legalese, again, but interesting in this case. That is, again, are the
> implications of the wording correct, and if so does that include this
case?

Under normal circumstances* you will not worship two different religions at the same time. Traditions are religions. Therefor you won't be part of two different traditions at the same time. QED.

*That includes "Normal Player Characters", not just NPCs. Ypu'd have to have a *really excellent* writeup for me to allow you to play a person split between religions.

RR
- Richelieu