Re: You're in the army now

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:30:18 -0700

- Richelieu

> > >Are we saying this obvious campaign premise isn't actually possible?
> >
> > You're making it pretty hard on yourselves ;-).
>
> It didn't seem that hard. If we were in an Orlanthi campaign, we'd
> expect a mix of cults. Instead we're from an Empire that prides itself
> on being inclusive - why is it suddenly so much harder to have a mix of
> PCs? (I'm trying hard not to let my natural anti-Lunar prejudices
> resurface here.)

But all the characters would have been Heortling. You've got for different *cultures* here (letalong four different cults).

> And he's about to pull most regiments out to invade Heortland. We
> happily accepted retirement instead :) actually, the start of the
> invasion could well have included our suicide mission.

Are there any other coloniae around? Are you four (and followers) the only ones being settled here? You *could* play it like the American movement westwards, with another settlement within a day's walk/ride that has what you need. For example, *you* might have Red Snake Tongue, but *they* have a Humakt priest that your Carmanian can go to.

RR