Re: Animism Again (Was:You're in the army now)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:36:11 -0500

>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>
>
> > can't be practitioners. Or, rather, if we assume that they can, since
>they
>
>Specific rules override general ones. Darjinni move between practice
>*within
>the SurEnslib tradition*, treating their current practice as their "Core"
>one. If you're a farmer, then you'll be in the Shantamar or Urgarlodell or
>Yestendos practice. If you make a lot of money and become a merchant,
>you'll
>move to the Savasukan practice. If you get made a petty noble (for being a
>good merchant - happens all the time nowadays in Britain!) then you'll move
>on to the Agsargon practice. etc. But you stay within the SurEnslib
>tradition.

Ah, so they do have a core practice, in effect, and are thus limited by the rule. Got it.

> > have practices, this means that the exception means that they can join
>other
> > traditions as practitioners, since they will then only have one core
> > practice, still.
>
>No, they *won't* be leaving their religion to join another religion. Why
>should they?

Uh, because they believe in the validity of both? Certainly you believe that conversions occur, at least? But in this case, I see that being a practitioner in two is prohibited by the rule, so the question is somewhat moot.

>Under normal circumstances* you will not worship two different religions at
>the same time. Traditions are religions. Therefor you won't be part of two
>different traditions at the same time. QED.
>

>*That includes "Normal Player Characters", not just NPCs. Ypu'd have to
>have
>a *really excellent* writeup for me to allow you to play a person split
>between religions.

Cool. Again, as I said to Greg, I understand that it's unusual, difficult, whathaveyou. I just want to know if it's legal by the rules or not. I have a much clearer picture now.

Thanks,
Mike

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx