Re: You're in the army now

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:48:14 -0500

>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>

>But all the characters would have been Heortling. You've got for different
>*cultures* here (letalong four different cults).

In my military experience, military experience can go a long way to ameliorating cultural differences. And that's never having been in combat. I assume that if they have been in combat together, faced life and death together, that they can put aside most of their cultural differences for this one endeavor.

Of course it's going to be tough! If it wasn't would it be worth playing? Let's see, next game I'll set up four Esvulari who are setting up a farmstead in a quite pasturland. That ought to be exciting.

>Are there any other coloniae around? Are you four (and followers) the only
>ones being settled here? You *could* play it like the American movement
>westwards, with another settlement within a day's walk/ride that has what
>you need. For example, *you* might have Red Snake Tongue, but *they* have a
>Humakt priest that your Carmanian can go to.

Well, they can't be too far from support. I mean, they gotta eat, right? Maybe the priest visits them on the regular supply train? Maybe the same chaplain who served them in when they were in? Maybe the same guy who it turns out was secretly responsible for the Heortling ambush that resulted in the death of every member of the squad but them, because he's a secret member of the Cult of Destor...

OK, I'll stop now...

Mke