RE: Greg on mixing religions

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:00:26 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>I hate to mention it, but.... There used to be a loophole called
>"illumination" that effectively let you lie to your god. Saved you from
>spirits of reprisal, let you break geases, and so on. Do I take it that
>this concept has now been firmly binned? (and the lid nailed down, and
>the result burnt, and the ashes dropped in the sea?) Please?

I dunno, isn't that how the godlearners got going? Or something like it? I mean, basically, isn't that just another religion, and what you're talking about Hero Quests that make the gods into manipulable beings?

I mean, generally no. But extraordinarily there should be something like that I'd think.

Mike

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/