Re: Animism: multiple traditions?

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:21:25 -0000

Mike, Roderick -

Interesting discussion. One comment:

> Basically, nobody has convinced me that it's implausible to be in
two
> religions, thematically, but if it happens that this is the case
in
> Glorantha, because the rules say that's the case, then I'd like to
know. I
> mean, I could, for example, accept that there was simply something
about the
> reality of religions in Glorantha that made it impossible. Or even
> impossible enough not to allow it in the basic rules about
religion.

I think it is impossible to be initiated into the mysteries of more than one religion. For instance, Boltho is a pantheon worshipper of the Storm Tribe. I think (although Roderick might correct me) that Boltho could be a pantheon worshipper of the Seven Mothers as well. Not a problem.

Kangharl is initiated into the mysteries of Orlanth the Warrior. He can make sacrifices to the Seven Mothers as well, although he will eventually be visited by Orlanth's spirits of reprisal. However, if Kangharl wishes to be initiated into the mysteries of the Seven Mothers, he must renounce Orlanth.

Korlmhy is devoted to Orlanth Thunderer. He cannot make sacrifices to the Seven Mothers at all.

Roderick, do I have the rules right here?

Jeff