RE: Re: Animism: multiple traditions?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:08:54 -0500

>From: "jeffrichard68" <jeff.richard_at_...>

>Kangharl is initiated into the mysteries of Orlanth the Warrior. He
>can make sacrifices to the Seven Mothers as well, although he will
>eventually be visited by Orlanth's spirits of reprisal. However, if
>Kangharl wishes to be initiated into the mysteries of the Seven
>Mothers, he must renounce Orlanth.

He already clarified that case for me - I just missed it right there in the text. This is correct. Magic use (other than calling on a diety for divine interverntion) seems to preclede magic use from another religion. Theoretically a sorcerer could for his sorcerous part, but there's no other end for him to attatch to that would allow it.

Actually, there is, now that I think about it. Can a Sorcerer use spells from more than one Wizardry religion? Or does that mean he's not a Sorcerer any more?

Mike

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar � get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/