RE: Re: Animism: multiple traditions?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 15:03:31 -0500

>From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
>
> >Actually, there is, now that I think about it. Can a Sorcerer use spells
> >from more than one Wizardry religion? Or does that mean he's not a
>Sorcerer
> >any more?
>
>Sorcerers can steal spells and grimoires from one another. Thus they do
>not normally have a reason to join more than one church. Some spells
>are known to require a specific philosophical mindset (such as the special
>Brithini spells). These sorts of spells cannot be learned by those that
>do not share that mindset and thus the membership of two or more
>churches does not arise.

Gotcha. That jibes with everything else. Thanks. I think that it's philosophically interesting that the magic in question doesn't have the same sorts of "gates" that other religions have. I'm guessing that it's the "freewill" thing? That the One God doesn't care to take the time to prohibit such action, instead preventing someone who abuses magic from achieving a happy afterlife?

Or is it something else entirely?

Mike