Re: Re: Divine Companions and allied spirits

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:06:58 -0700

> > Yep. Their Affinities are always at the "Devotee of [God]" Ability
> rating.
>
> The divine companion and the Umbrolli are actually sidekicks, and
> the player has taken a couple of items as the god's affinities and
> is increasing the affinity ratings.

That's fine, as you're "using up" some of their three ability slots (or bought them more). Anyway, he's "paying" for the increases, so you're doing fine.

Basically, the "Affinities at Devotee Level" is meant to be: A) For generic creatures, not player-controlled ones B) A short-hand notation, so you don't have to list all their affinities.

I *might* increase the cost to buy up "Devotee", since you're getting 10 HP of "value" for 1 HP (1 point to raise "Devotee" +1, and 3 points *each* to raise 3 affinities...). But that depends on if the player seems to be abusing the system.

RR
- Richelieu