RE: Followers augmenting question.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:17:22 +0100

> > This reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask for
> some time.
> > Can a follower augment with two abilities at once? Say I
> have my good
> > buddy, Bob the sword fighter. Can Bob augment me with both his Fast
> > Strike ability and his Hit Person On Head ability?

RR:
> I'm not sure how other narrators do it, but I count that as
> "using the same ability twice" - which is a no-no.
> (Reasoning: The ability being used is really your
> relationship with Bob, not *his* ability(/ies) ).

I think the intent of the rules would seem to be that Followers only use one ability at a time, and are intended to be "simple" in terms of how they're used.

Personally I have problems with the whole concept (I tend to swap characters from PC to NPC to follower to ally between scenarios, as focus shifts), but after discussion here, found that turning most Followers into Allies solved a lot of them. If you want Bob to do more stuff and be more important, converting him to an Ally might be a useful way forward?