Re: Pol Joni

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:34:14 -0700 (PDT)

Nic Hughes:
> I guess questions of "why/how did the praxian
> defectors to the Pol Joni abandon their whole
> religous outlook" are digest fodder.

The Pol Joni are mostly Heortlings in origin, not Praxian.

> I think I'll work on the basis that they follow a
> modified Storm Pantheon and include worship of
> Eiritha (and to a lesser extent Waha) within that.

I'd omit Waha, except that anyone can learn the Survival Tricks.

I think they worship Eiritha as Uralda, Ernalda's daughter and Urox's wife. Was Uralda written up as a goddess in Storm Tribe? I think it is misapplied worship (but that position would obviously be "problematic" if Uralda was a goddess in Storm Tribe).  They make up for it, in part, by worshipping a proper horse goddess and sheep god(s).

Chris Lemens

Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail