Re: Pol Joni

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:09:09 -0000

Except for the ones of Praxian origin :) According to KoDP the tribe took in refugees from the other Praxian tribes and this was in part how the tribe was able to expand so fast. The Praxians may be in a minority but non-conformist minorities can be accommodated within Orlanthi cultures. The composite history seems very clear that all the other (human) Praxian tribes had representatives amongst the Pol Joni.

So even if all Pol Joni are Orlanthi its the usual Heortling all - and the remainder may well differ in their beliefs from what we see in Sartar or Heortland.

> > I think I'll work on the basis that they follow a
> > modified Storm Pantheon and include worship of
> > Eiritha (and to a lesser extent Waha) within that.
>
> I'd omit Waha, except that anyone can learn the
> Survival Tricks.

I would except that it seems odd that most of the male Praxian recruits would have had to give up all their practices and magics on the spot. Which is not only hard to imagine but also a bit of a problem from the POV of a campaign within the Pol Joni which I am vaguely considering writing up.

> I think they worship Eiritha as Uralda, Ernalda's
> daughter and Urox's wife. Was Uralda written up as a
> goddess in Storm Tribe?

Yes but in a form I'm not sure translates well to a land where the fertility of the Earth has been lost. My preference is for Eiritha to be considered a sister of Esrola amongst the Pol Joni (much as Kolat is considered a brother of Orlanth).

--
Nic