Re: Pol Joni

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:03:50 -0000

I think Peter is right on the Pol Joni. They are horse-riding Heortlings that have made sufficient adaptations and compromises to survive in Prax.

> In Thunder Rebels, she is a subcult of Esrola.
> In Prax, the fertile earth is unreachable and
> so I think the Pol Joni worship Eiritha as a
> substitute for Esrola.

I agree. The Pol Joni are bastards - they ride horses (which is strictly forbidden) and herd cattle (and not Praxian beasts). Sure they offer sacrifices to the spirits of the Paps (although they can't even do that correctly), sacrifice to Storm Bull, and such - but they are definitely not Praxians.

Jeff