Re: Knowing the adversary's AP

From: Mike Gibb <m.gibb_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:18:38 +0100

Re. the debate on knowing your opponent's AP total, I have to say that I was a bit worried about the whole mechanic, as toting up these on little cards every round (sorry, exchange!) seemed like it would detract from the whole story telling aspect of Hero Wars.

As an alternative, would the use of some sort of tokens/currency (coinage of different values, or those glass bead things that Magic players use in whatever it is they do - I apologise now for any personal prejudices peeping out here!) add to the game fun, and keep the players guessing to a degree - "Look at that pile of APs!!!"

I also want to see one of my players, in true poker fashion, push the whole pile forward and say (in best Storm Bull accent),

"Come on!"

as a caveat - I'm still reading the rules, and haven't had the chance to run anything yet, these were just thoughts that occured while sat at home with my cocoa and HW.

mike 8-)