RE: Shameful confusion about Fetish/Spirit Ally rules

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:14:41 +0100

> That seems to be a coherent picture of Spirit Allies in terms
> of reading -
> my question becomes what, then, makes them any different than
> other spirits in fetishes.

"Has all the abilities of a practice spirit, but it acts as a follower as well, and can perform normal tasks without requiring a contest. It can release itself from the fetish whenever desired, with no resistance without taking an unrelated action to do so." There are more details, but that's the basics.

> Also, what's the "automatic" all about? That is, is this just extra
> verbiage, or does it imply that other spirits might not come
> back? That is,
> did I miss something, and normal spirits have to be "rebound"
> or something?

On a complete defeat on the release roll, yes, they have to be rebound. Top of the RH column of p 137.