Re: Shameful confusion about Fetish/Spirit Ally rules

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:45:25 +1000

At 05:22 AM 28/10/04, Kevin P. McDonald wrote:
>A third option would be to make the player choose one or the other - the
>spirit is either an Ally or a Sidekick. If you take it as a Spirit Ally,
>it functions as a Spirit Ally and you can't spend HP to increase its
>abilities. If you take it as a Sidekick, then it functions as a Sidekick
>and can't be released to add its rating to your own. In either case it
>is an immaterial being that lives in an item/creature that you carry
>around with you.

  I like that one. "Either you can improve it and use augments or AP, or it can augment or *add* *directly* to your skill /or/ AP. Pick."   You are binding it to you in different ways. As a sidekick, it doesn't force you to devote 10% or your time, either. But adding directly to my skill is *nice*...

| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.

---