Re: Shameful confusion about Fetish/Spirit Ally rules

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:49:10 +1000

At 05:22 AM 28/10/04, Andrew Solovay wrote in reply to MHolmes:
>All I was doing was objecting to the statement, "Spirits are otherworld
>entities, *therefore* their scores can't increase." It seems to me that
>within Gloranthan metaphysics, there would be ways for their scores to go up
>short of a full-on heroquest. So if a narrator decided, he could permit an
>allied spirit's scores to increase under certain circumstances. Maybe as
>"advanced experience", for example, or as a special reward in an
>extraordinary situation.

  As per Gloranthan history, Otherworld beings agreed at the Compromise that they could be immortal on the premise that they did not, and could not, change.
  Now, what heroes do with heroquests is a separate matter. ;) But it takes a heroquest to do it. Unless the narrator says otherwise, of course...

| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.

---