Re: Shameful confusion about Fetish/Spirit Ally rules

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:02:01 -0000

Ahh, but *whose* Gloranthan history. As I recall, not every culture believes in the Compromise. It may be that rather than "Otherworld Beings can't change because of the compromise" it is "Orlanthi explain the generally static nature of otherworld beings as being caused by the compromise"
 (see also John Hughes reply on Heroquest-rpg http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/HeroQuest-RPG/message/24507 )

Also consider that in RQ allied spirits were allowed to make "POW" gain roles (unlike,IIRC, Bound Spirits) so there is an "in game" precedent for assuming that there are circumstances in which an allied spirit can "improve" (whether this is a genuine improvement on behalf of the spirit or just an improvement on behalf of the heroes use of it's abilities)

It's all a bit abstract anyway as <greg> Gloranthan's don't know the numbers </greg> How can anyone tell my Allied Spirits rating in "Know Your Needs" has risen from 17 to 18 anyway?