Re: Re: Question re Seshnegi Knights

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:43:05 +1300

Rob

>Orderly I feel implies a level of commitment to the church - like a
>Templar Knight.

That's reading far too much into the name IMO. It really means that you are a member of the Order. The level of commitment to the Order is _less_ than that for an initiate (25% versus 30% and that includes the existing Church commitment).

>If you wanted somebody who was not especially
>religious then he will have trouble getting the churchmen to teach
>him stuff. Of course as a noble he can just tell them I guess....

The Rokari Church does not teach much magic. Non-wizard Rokari get most of their magic from the Orders, not the Church. Although the exact politics has get to be sketched out, I do not believe that even the official orders (Student Body, Gerlant, Iames the Iust^H^H^H^HGood, and Lordly Advisory) are totally in line with Theoblanc.

>The rules *don't* seem to be that clear on what you can
>expect to be as a knight. Can you be a knight Liturgist for example?

A member of any caste can be a liturgist.

> > He has to purchase the formulary spells individually apart from
> > the time when he first joins, whereupon he gets three
> > spells for free at 13 (HQ p160 and 166). All spells are one-use
> > and so charley the chaplain sidekick is desirable.

>As a begining character he gets all the spells doesn't he - only 3 if
>he becomes an orderly after play commences?

Correct.

--Peter Metcalfe

---