Re: Re: Shameful confusion about Fetish/Spirit Ally rules

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:17:15 -0800

> I agree with Roderick as to the Gloranthan metaphysics. However,
> one way around this is to simply say that the player has learned
> more about the spirit's true nature (or whatever). The spirit
> hasn't changed, but the player's ability to harness its power has.

The disconnect is between "Gloranthan Metaphysics" and "Game Rules". We have a situation in game rules where a spirit *seems* be be able to learn and change. This isn't "true" in the Gloranthan Metaphysical sense, and the rule shouldn't be taken as indicative of the "truth" of Glorantha.

RR
- Richelieu