Re: Knowing the adversary's AP

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:58:02 -0400

Mike Gibb wrote:

> Re. the debate on knowing your opponent's AP total, I have to say that I was
> a bit worried about the whole mechanic, as toting up these on little cards
> every round (sorry, exchange!) seemed like it would detract from the whole
> story telling aspect of Hero Wars.

yeah, which is why I do the totals and the player's done. A scrathc pad to hand is a great boon. Of course, it helps that I'm good at math -- I predate letting kids have calculators in class.

> As an alternative, would the use of some sort of tokens/currency (coinage of
> different values, or those glass bead things that Magic players use in
> whatever it is they do - I apologise now for any personal prejudices peeping
> out here!) add to the game fun, and keep the players guessing to a degree -
> "Look at that pile of APs!!!"

BRILLIANT! Thank you very much! I like this a lot. I've got about 5 lbs of glass beads from playing Legend of the Five Rings for the past 5 years.

> as a caveat - I'm still reading the rules, and haven't had the chance to run
> anything yet, these were just thoughts that occured while sat at home with
> my cocoa and HW.
>
> mike 8-)

You have a copy of the rules. SIGH.

Jeff