Re: Shameful confusion about Fetish/Spirit Ally rules

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:28:19 -0000

> I agree that you can apply the rules the way that you're saying -
it's a GM
> call at that point according to the rules. The question is why?
When it's
> much less problematic to not allow the increase, why allow it
here? Just to
> make a general rule more generally applied? To get rid of the
exception? I'm
> not seeing how the game improves with this version, unless we're
looking at
> a very localized need for a specific game.

FWIW, I probably wouldn't allow it for spirits. Then again, all my players are theists, so I am unlikely to be running into this problem in the foreseeable future.:)

My point is, don't sweat this stuff too much. If it is important for your game to let players be able to spend HP improving their spirit allies, then let them. If it isn't, don't let them.

Jeff