Are Multiple Attack rules broken?

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:07:06 -0000

Here's the situation from last night--

Windstop, 1621. The heroes are attempting to reenforce the Flintnail Temple while it's being attacked by Dragonsnail-riding broos led by Olzon VoidVoice, a mutant manling.

Garusharp Banaru, the teshnan spy, attacked two broos at once with his whip spear. One broo was unmounted and had a skill of only 8W. The other was charging him on his dragonsnail, and had a skill of 11W2.

According to the rules, the Narrator rolls twice and takes the best roll as the result for both defenders.

But since the broos had different levels of bumps, Garusharp got a Critical against the first broo and only a success versus the second.

How in the world do I calculate AP tranfer/loss in this situation? It could even be worse--I could see a set of skills & rolls where the attacker succeeds against one and fails against another.

Mike Dawson
http://differentcomputers.com/differentgames/summaries/