RE: Re: Taunting during combat

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:17:37 +0100

>> As to provoking someone into making a large bid, surely it's
>> just as good to make a large bid yourself.

>From a mechanical point of view, probably yes,

Also, your opponent may be taking a skill penalty to reduce the stake and spin out the combat - you can still do that, right? Or did that rule get cut? I don't have my books with me. You could stop him being a prissy with a judicious taunt.

I admit that my original suggestion was somewhat crass, but I hadn't been up long and hand't thought about it. I think a provocation could be used as an example of trying out alternative abilities in combat.

ps. Doesn't anyone know how mystic strikes work? I still can't work out what the point is. Example please!

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.