Re: Re: Travel distance per day?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:19:53 -0800

bethexton_at_... wrote:

> But for the most part,
> in Glorantha I suspect that agreeing on measurements between even two
> neighboring villages could be hard.

Deuteronomy specifically pronounces a curse on "the man who moves his neighbor's boundary-stone" (Deut. 27:17). I expect a lot of Gloranthan religions have similar curses.

Because after you've had all the arguments about the size of leagues, furlongs, and cubits ("Riiight... what's a 'cubit'?"), the only measuring system you can usually settle on is, "Okay, everything on *this* side of that big red rock, that's *my* land. Everything on the other side is your land." And moving the marker is a quick way to start a fight...